Re: Extended Layout Summary

Hi,

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
  The PACK_IF_FITS children are done in a second pass after other children,
  the if_fits flag indicates which pass this is. If if_fits=TRUE we need
  to skip if_fits children that did not fit.

Interesting.  Do you think that will be useful to add to Gtk+?

I think it's a useful feature, basically it allows a box to contain "optional" children that appear only if there's extra space.

It can be a completely separate patch from this whole extended layout thing, of course. (But it depends on having extended layout, since the if-fits child is not included in min size of the box, but is included in natural size of the box.)

Havoc