Grab and drag feature

Hello!

I have been experimenting some time now with a Wacom tablet used as the
main pointer for my desktop. I have found it very useful and faster than
a normal mouse.

The best thing I have found so far is the Grab and Drag Firefox
extension:
<http://grabanddrag.mozdev.org>
It is really great and speeds up the work, as I can easily scroll
documents totally without the use of keyboard and without the need to
hit the scrollbar precisely. Some PDF and image viewers allow this kind
of movement as well.

I think this kind of behavior would be very neat if implemented
system-wide.

Imagine being able to swiftly move around documents in
Nautilus/Thunar/YourFaouriteManagerHere just throwing them here and
there (the D'n'G plugin allows of moving one page a time with a quick
'throw' of the grabbed document, or a constant rate scrolling after a
firmer 'throw' stopped by a click). If the icons in file mangers would
be separated a little it would prove to be very useful with this kind of
movement. Moreover imagine the ease of choosing stuff from looooong
ListBoxes, like 'Select your country' ones.

I think that, put together with the great D'n'D behavior made so far in
GTK (and thus GNOME, XFCE), this could result in almost totally
keyboard-less everyday computer usage. Majority of non-essential tasks
done daily on the desktop could benefit from it -- music selecting,
movie watching, WWW browsing, reading of documents (this especially).
All non creational tasks generally would benefit (the ones not needing
input).

I am sure that the people developing this plugin for FF would share
their codebase, and with slight modifications of it, GTK would make it
system wide -- for GtkTextView, GtkImage and so on...

What do You thing about that?

Cz rny