Re: VFS integration with kernel mounts
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Cc: "gnome-vfs-list gnome org" <gnome-vfs-list gnome org>, "gtk-devel-list gnome org" <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Jerry Haltom <wasabi larvalstage net>
- Subject: Re: VFS integration with kernel mounts
- Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 14:58:42 +0200
On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 00:19 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> This should be a piece of cake to do (assuming HAL) and if people think
> it's a good idea (I'm not entirely convinced it is) I'd be happy to take
> a stab at it when GVFS is ready for this. Alex?
I'm not really convinced it is a good idea. Seems a bit fragile and
bound to case trouble in various edge cases. Aliasing filenames is
always problematic, so is using filenames in a non-canonical way that
not all apps support.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a globe-trotting amnesiac cowboy whom everyone believes is mad. She's a
radical green-skinned queen of the dead looking for love in all the wrong
places. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev