Re: ideas on improving the performance of gtk_tree_view

What's your Cairo version?

My tests were done with the 1.4.2 release.

The input focus rectangle has been
identified as a performance problem some time ago:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2006-October/008135.html
"Another thing we identified at GUADEC is that the dashed stroke for
the focus rectangle that GTK+ uses is also a performance problem. This
is another case that we should ensure is going through the fast path
for whole-pixel regions."

Interesting, the dashed stroke is exactly what's causing problems - thanks for the pointer!

though I *think* it has been adressed since. But if you are running
1.4, that would hint that it still is a problem.

There have been great advances in cairo performance lately, unfortunately this one might have been overlooked. I'll investigate further.

P.S. The performance-list[1] might be a better place for this discussion...