Re: Supporting Gtk+ Maintenance

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 12:25 -0400, मयंक जैन (makuchaku) wrote:
> On 3/16/07, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
> > - Go through each of the unreviewed patches and classify them
> > informally:
> >
> >         - obsolete patch which does not apply "as-is" to the sources
> >           (you can use "patch --dry-run" to test this easily without
> >           screwing up your source tree)
> >         - big patch which needs detailed testing/review
> >         - small patch which could be tested/reviewed in a few minutes
>
> I've triaged the first 5 bugs for combobox category.
> Now ehn a patch fails, I create a needinfo in the bug. But can this
> needinfo be directed to a particular user?
>
> In bugzilla.redhat.com, one can create a needinfo for a particular
> user & then it becomes his responsibility to cancel that info. This
> assures speedier responses. Is it somehow possible to do the same with
> Gnome BZ?
>
> Work is on... :)

Thanks for all the work!

Setting bugs with outdated patches to needinfo may be a bit problematic
as the bugsquad team has a tendency to close needinfo bugs after some
time...  Also they won't show in some default search queries..  Just
removing the patch keyword, or marking the patch as needs-work may be
better, but that's just my idea.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/