Re: Performance implications of GRegex structure

Il giorno gio, 15/03/2007 alle 10.18 -0400, Owen Taylor ha scritto:
> But looking over the header file, there is something that puzzles me
> about the way that it's set up: there is no distinction between a
> "pattern/regular expression" object and a match/matcher object.

The internal code in GRegex was deeply modified but the API is quite
similar to the original one written by Scott Wimer and then modified by
Matthias Clasen, so I kept a single GRegex object but with lots of
doubts.

In the end I decided to keep a single object because I prefer this
approach when using languages without a garbage collector and because
QRegExp (the equivalent object in QT) is a single object.

This matter was brought out in the mailing list and in bugzilla but only
Havoc Pennington and Yevgen Muntyan expressed their opinion saying that
they prefer a single object.

BTW if you want I can split GRegex in two separate objects.

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/