Re: [Patch] GdkPixbuf's GIF loader should set invalid delay times to 100ms, not 20ms

On 3/3/07, Jernej Simončič <jernej listsonly ena si> wrote:
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:21:30 -0800, John Millikin wrote:

> A time of 0ms is
> clearly erroneous, and should be corrected.

Is it? I've seen "animated" GIFs [ab]used to create GIF files with more
than 256 colors (each frame can have it's own palette).

Ah, I had forgotten about that trick. However, the GIMP refuses to
even save animations with 0ms delays, opting to clamp to 10ms. The
"smart" correction code would change this value to 20ms, resulting in
the same behaviour of the existing code in this case.

Although, I've never actually seen one of those images in the wild, so
I don't feel it warrants acting differently from most other software.