Re: Automake requirements for gtk+, glib
- From: "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: "Geoff Buchan" <geoffrey buchan gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Automake requirements for gtk+, glib
- Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:58:52 -0400
On 6/16/07, Geoff Buchan <geoffrey buchan gmail com> wrote:
I was trying to build gtk+ and glib from the trunk subversion sources, but
autogen.sh complains about wanting version 1.7.x of automake. I now have
installed, so the default script was actually requiring me to use a much
older version. Should it really depend on the older version ?
I just changed my local autogen.sh to require 1.9.x instead of 1.7.x, and
the build seems to be working fine now (it's still compiling; I'm building
on a slow laptop). Should a patch updating this be added to subversion ?
No. automake versions are not compatible.
Simply changing the requirements is not an option.
] [Thread Prev