Re: GtkBuilder Public API - Last call

On 6/12/07, Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 19:38 -0300, Johan Dahlin wrote:

> > So what about some "GtkBuiltDialog" object class which would do that
> > automatically, while taking care of the dialog properties, and so being
> > able to inherit from it to ease the creation of such dialogs ?
> [..]
> > Do you like the idea ?
>
> Are you suggesting that this should be included in Gtk+ on top of GtkBuilder?

Yes that's the idea, if the use-case is common enough and considered as
a "good practice".

At least doing such a thing should be easy by allowing to map an object
properties to an object in the glade file, like:

gtk_builder_update_object_properties (widget, "widget-name");

then it would just be a matter of getting the first child of
"widget-name" and then updating its properties. Also, maybe an helper
function to do that would be sufficient instead of a full-blown class,
so that it can just be called in my_dialog_init to add the child widget
and update its properties according to what's specified in the glade
file.

Sorry if I'm not clear enough.

Totally unclear to me what this update_object_properties is supposed to do.

Anyway, I'd appreciate if people could try not to derail this thread into
"it would be great if it also did this and this and..."
The focus here should be to review the existing api proposal, not make new ones.

Thanks,

Matthias