Rebuilding a table that has changed.

My application has multiple windows that will be used to sort objects
(represented by images within event boxes); the intention is that objects
can be dragged from one window and dropped into another, and that the tables
within each will update to reflect this.  As far as I understand it, GTK
tables are not designed to do this (as there is no "remove" function call in
the table subset).

I dug thru docs and forums and found no way to do this that seemed the
correct way, and no other container class seems fit for the job.  I would
really appreciate any advice you have to offer me.

Thank you in advance for your time.