Re: EggSequence

Hans Petter Jansson <hpj novell com> writes:

> > (In retrospect using a splaytree was probably not a wise decision. A
> > red/black tree might have been better, even though it would have a
> > code-complexity cost in some areas).
>
> Could we change the implementation (say, to RBT) without introducing API
> changes, in case it turns out to be a performance problem later? If not,
> I'd rather it be changed before we commit to it.

Yes, I think the implementation can be changed without API changes.

If at some point we implement the aggregates that Jonathan mentioned
it would make a lot of sense to also move to a red/black or a btree at
the same time, since the rotations on _lookup_ that a splaytree does
make maintaining aggregates somewhat expensive.

Soren