Re: alternative button order: Why don't we auto-guess the alternative order by default if appropriate?

On 1/5/07, Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org> wrote:
I wonder why we don't check for the alternative button order in
  gtk_dialog_add_button
  gtk_dialog_add_action_widget
and automatically prepend the button iff
  gtk_alternative_dialog_button_order
returns TRUE.

Developers can still override the automatically determined order with
 gtk_dialog_set_alternative_button_order()

Goffice has code to do this, see
go_dialog_guess_alternative_button_order.

It doesn't work for END-packed buttons, but the fix for that shouldn't
be too hard.
In fact, Dom claimed to be taking a look at this.

Morten