displaying an image in gtk using visual c++

hi...i would be much grateful if someone could help me in displaying an
image..am using the following code:

void
on_bt_test_clicked                     (GtkButton       *button,
                                        gpointer         user_data)
{
       GtkWidget *img_objectdesign;
  	img_objectdesign = gtk_image_new_from_file ("baby.jpg");
  	gtk_widget_show (img_objectdesign);

}

if someone can help me in the coding(in visual c++)

thanks