Gtk engine development

Hello,

I'm currently working on a gtk engine that does all drawing operation
with Evas[1]. It works so far, but I've some problems.

Evas doesn't work like most other canvas. It's only single buffered and
does only redraw that parts that are changed since a last rendering.
My experiments showed me that Gtk clears the window before it starts a
redraw operation of all widgets with the gtk engine. So the Evas way of
redrawing doesn't work. Currently I stard a complete redraw process of
the Evas canvas. Bus this flickers much because it's not double
buffered.

I've currently now idea how to realize what I like to do. My only idea
is to modify the Gtk source itself. But I don't like this solution. Any
ideas how to solve this?

regards
Andreas

[1] http://enlightenment.org/Libraries/Evas/