Re: gvfs hal volume monitoring backend

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 20:40 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2007 7:21 PM, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk> wrote:
>
> >  - build fixes since only gio/gio.h can be included now
> >    (btw, should gio.h conditionally include the UNIX specific bits? This
> >     is not the case right now; I manually have to unclude gunixmounts.h)
>
> No. We generally leave such platform-specific headers out of the
> global header. The platform-specific bits are available via a separate
> pc file, and require explicitly including the relevant header.

Yeah, they can't be in the common header, since not all installs have
them. One could potentially have a gio-unix.h common header for the
gio-unix pc file, but I think its unnecessary and risky to drag in more
such special platform headers than you need into the app, so I prefer
separate headers there (there are just a few of them anyway).