Re: Static compose table in gtkimcontextsimple.c

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 08:31:30 +0200
"Tor Lillqvist" <tml iki fi> wrote:

> The sequences you list are exactly of the straightforward kind that in
> my opinion can and should be handled algorithmically. I.e. a "dead"
> accent followed by a letter can be mapped to the corresponding
> precomposed character without an explicit table.

Really..? Last time I checked, the precomposed letters weren't in any
particularly easy-to-find locations; I looked them up by typing them in
xterm and seeing what unicode sequences were generated.

> I have a patch in bug #321896 that implements such an algorithm (and
> which would handle your cases, too.) Basically it's waiting for a
> second opinion from the GTK+ maintainers.

Perhaps we could subtly poke them here then to remind them? :)

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd leonerd org uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/