Get rid of deprecated widgets

Hello! Some thoughts

For years now there has been widgets that is deprecated in Gtk+

GtkList
GtkCList
GtkFileSel
GtkCTree
GtkItemFactory

Imho it really is time to kill this or atleast add an option in
Makefile/configure to not include them as default.

If there still is apps that using this old API(is there any???) they
should just copy&paste it to theyr project or just migrate to the new
widgets.

Reason for this:

1. Cleaning up librarys is always good.

2. If developers still using deprecated code they should help fix the
new code instead of using deprecated widgets.

3. Symboltable for Gtk+ will be less, means faster startuptime and less
memory consumtion. I know probadly not mush but still there is other
librarys too thats need to be killed in the future:
Bonobo[ui]/libgnome[ui] and so on.

4. Gtk+ team will not get asked questions/bugreports about the old API
if new app developers have missed that those widgets is already
deprecated.

This has probadly been discussed before and some will say this will
break ABI/API and it will not happen until Gnome 3.0

But IMHO why wait that long Gnome 3.0 has been discussed for year to and
will probadly not hit the streets for years :-)

Dont get me wrong I know your people working hard but still we need to
get rid deprecated code :-) also true for libgnome/bonobo :-)

Imho we should kill those widgets in next release of Gtk+ by add an
option in configure --enable-deprecated=yes (if not passed it wwill NOT
build those deprecated widgets) ;-)

Greets

Mikael Hermansson