Re: is glib too bloated?

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 17:44 -0500, Brandon Casey wrote:
> The problem I had was in compiling glib on IRIX and its dependency
> on gettext.

Thanks, finally. Details are good. I note that this is about building
from source, not at all about performance.

I can't imagine that anyone is seriously using IRIX (or other obscure
Unixes) for something non-commercial. If it's commercial, I can
recommend that you get prebuilt packages from
http://www.thewrittenword.com/

They even have gtkmm and applications such as Inkscape in their set.
I've done some porting work for them.

Building from source is difficult and always will be. People shouldn't
have to build from source. I'd expect the glib developers to only really
be worried about that kind of thing if package builders have difficulty
building from source.

But, if you mention your gettext build problems in detail, someone might
be able to help you.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com