Re: GTK+ Web site overhaul

Martyn Russell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently commented on the mailing list [1] about improving the GTK+
> web site so that .html files don't include formatting. The idea was to
> make it easier for developers and anyone else contributing patches to
> focus on content and not have to worry about style. For a while now, I
> have thought that the GTK+ web site is in dire need of updating, to give
> it a more professional look and feel.
>
> I spent some time looking into the structure of the gtk-web SVN module
> to familiarise myself and formulate some questions, so before I continue:

After speaking with Jeff Waugh on IRC tonight, he mentioned an idea I
too had been considering this week. The idea was to use some kind of
Wiki for the gtk.org site and use aliases to link to documentation.

At Imendio, we use Drupal [1] for http://developer.imendio.com/ and it
works out quite nicely. It is very easy to create/update content, set up
aliases and to make announcements. I would like to see this used for the
gtk.org site if it fits our needs.

Jeff volunteered to help set up gtk.org with moinmoin [2] and mentioned
that http://www.pango.org/ and http://www.gnome-db.org/ currently use
that particular Wiki. My personal view of it, is that it seems somewhat
simplistic and might not cater for our needs?

Does anyone have a view on this?
Can anyone provide a good comparison between drupal and moinmoin?
Does anyone have a better solution to suggest?

[1] http://drupal.org/
[2] http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/

Martyn