RE: GtkCanvas requirements?
- From: "David Moffatt" <David Moffatt access-company com>
- To: "Damon Chaplin" <damon karuna eclipse co uk>, "Havoc Pennington" <hp redhat com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: RE: GtkCanvas requirements?
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:18:36 -0700
>e.g. the SVG spec says high quality viewers should use doubles for
The problem with double is not the size it is the speed of them. Right
now there are people like (me) who are trying to use GTK on cell phones.
Working with doubles without hardware support means software emulation
and that is SLOW to the point of unusable.
I wonder if there is a way of using a 64 bit int to get the fidelity of
a double without the overhead.
] [Thread Prev