Re: is glib too bloated?

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 09:17 -0600, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 10:05 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> > It might be advantagous if alot of the glib data structures
> > were moved somewhere above libgobject in the stack (glibutils ?),
> > this way they could have the option of being gobject based,
> > opening a whole new world of possible code paths and also allowing
> > more generic access to these data structures through the gobject
> > api (hash tables and linked lists could possibly be serialized
> > by libglade and crammed through a network socket ? for an example of
> > a misc wild idea).
>
> I think you mean "below" the gobject stack, don't you?  The data
> structure libraries are required by gobject after all, aren't they?

Heh, yeah maybe my idea of gobject'ized glib data structs is a little
futile :) not sure just exactly what I'd do with a derivable GList,
I'm sure something random could come of it haha, maybe
GQueues/GAsyncQueues could be extended glists etc - I guess in the end
that sort of thing would just be libfancyobjects :)

Might be an interesting thing from a bindings point of view... I dunno

Cheers,
                         -Tristan