Re: Wrapper for arbitrary Drawable

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 13:36 +0400, Kirill Kirichenko wrote:
> > > I have an X Drawable (either Window or Pixmap, I can't predict) which
> > > is created for another Display than gdk opens during initialization.
> > >
> > > I would like to create a GdkDrawable wrapper for the Drawable that I
> > > would use with GtkStyle to draw parts of widgets.
> > >
> > > Any ideas, suggestions ?
> >
> > gdk_window_foreign_new_for_display() and
> > gdk_pixmap_foreign_new_for_display() sound like they would be what you
> > want, although I have no actual experience with using them...
>
> It won't help.
> In these methods I have to substitute a pointer for GdkDisplay.
> GdkDisplay doesn't have a "constructor" for an arbitrary X Display
> that's already opened.

Why do you have to access it through the same display though? The
drawable is just an id for the pixmap, and its the same independent on
what connection to the x server (==display) you use.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a deeply religious devious astronaut plagued by the memory of his
family's brutal murder. She's a foxy bisexual detective with only herself to
blame. They fight crime!