Re: Reloading keymap under DirectFB

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 11:35 +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

With the DFB backend i recently experienced the need to force reload of keymap and i did it by calling directly a DFB function from my GTK app code. Mike Emmel suggested to add something like gdk_directfb_reload_keymap() to the GDKDFB backend, as this seems to be a generic problem.
Any suggestion about other ways keymap reloading could be done?

Why is reloading the keymap needed in the first place? I suggest that
this is fixed in DirectFB instead of adding an API for the sole purpose
of working around what appears to be a bug in DirectFB.

In the graphical debian-installer, which is GTKDFB based, the user
chooses his native language at a early stage, and from that point on the
keymap must match the choosed language.
Manually reloading the keymap is an a acceptable workaround, but of
course having DFB automatically doing that would be a better option:
dok, could this be implemented in some future DFB release?

Attilio