[GLIB] Routines that call g_return_if_fail() etc hang/crash [WinXP]

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this a bit vague.

I'm trying out a library (GTS see http://gts.sourceforge.net/) that uses GLIB extensively. It so happens that on my Windows XP machine, any GTS function that uses the g_return_if_fail() or any function in the family causes the function to hang/fail/not return. Is this normal/documented behavior? How can I get past it?

PS: I'm working with Visual Studio .NET 2003, if that matters.

Many thanks,

- Olumide