Re: GRegex

Il giorno mar, 24/10/2006 alle 16.48 -0400, Dominic Lachowicz ha
scritto:
> It should be possible to write an auto* check that basically checks
> whether something like:
>
> #include <pcre.h>
> int main(int argc, char ** argv) {
> int has_utf8_support;
>  if(pcre_config(PCRE_CONFIG_UTF8,  &has_utf8_support))
>    return has_utf8_support;
>  return 0;
> }
>
> returns '1' or '0'. If so, we should probably favor the system
> installation of PCRE over the glib-supplied one.

I would prefer to always default to the internal version of PCRE because
it uses GLib for Unicode properties and UTF-8. Note that the tables used
by GLib and PCRE for Unicode are really big.

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/