Re: Bug with custom cell renderers in gtk-2.10.x

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 15:54 +0200, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 22:20 +0200, Kristian Rietveld wrote:
>
> > > The patch doesn't seem to fix the reported issue.
> >
> > That is too bad.  I could only reproduce this bug with gaim and with
> > this fix it doesn't occur anymore.  Richard doesn't see it anymore
in
> > Gossip.
> >
> > It would be great if you could provide us with a way to reliably
reproduce
> > this bug with the patch applied, so we can fix that case too.
>
> Oh, with "reported issue" I was referring to the issue with custom
cell
> renderers that use a text view as the editable.  The patch attached to
> the bugzilla bug doesn't seem to fix *that* issue.  I can't comment on
> the pixbuf clipping issue.

Is it a subclassed text-view? As I understand it, you have to implement
the GtkCellEditable interface. (Or is it a custom renderer you need? - I
can't remember).

Anyway, in the application I observed the bug in, it was fixed by
setting the "height-request" property on the text-view when it was
created to do the editing. We set this to the height of the cell, which
(give or take padding errors), appears to do the trick.

I still wounder if the text-view ought to specify a height-request which
is big enough for at least one line though?

Perhaps some properties akin to "fill", "expand", "alignment" might make
the GTK codebase more generic in its handling of cell editors?

Regards

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,