pkg-config output on the Windows platform?

Hi all

I am working on some cross-platform problems for the SCons build tool,
relating to parsing the output of commands like 'pkg-config' as
implemented in GTK and made available under windows as 'pkg-config.exe'
in at least some of the binary packages.

Can anyone tell me what system pkg-config uses when some/all of the C
Preprocessor paths contain spaces?

For example, is it

-L"c:\Program Files\GTK\lib"

or

"-Lc:\Program Files\GTK\lib"

or

-Lc:\\Program\ Files\\GTK\\lib

Also, what is the rationale for choosing which of these is used here?

Cheers
JP

--
John Pye
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering