Re: Mac OS X native port linking problems

The problem is that HFS+ is not case sensitive, so it can
differentiate between libtiff and libTIFF. I solved this problem in
Gimp.app by removing the libtiff.dylib and libpng.dylib symlinks from
the package. Anything that needed the version of those libraries that
I built were linked to the file name with the specific version number
in it.

l8r
Aaron

On 5/22/06, Richard Hult <richard imendio com> wrote:
Easy B skrev:

> I found a pretty cool build script from the mono project that
> actually already does the job. More or less all I did was update the
> links to the latest tarballs.

Ah, that's interesting.

> Cannot load module /Volumes/Users/easyb/Prog/gtk/native/
> frameworkbuild/Dependancies/gtk+-2.9.1/modules/input/im-am-et.la:
> dlopen(/Volumes/Users/easyb/Prog/gtk/native/frameworkbuild/
> Dependancies/gtk+-2.9.1/modules/input/.libs/im-am-et.so, 10): Symbol
> not found: __cg_TIFFWriteDirectory
>    Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
> ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
> Versions/A/ImageIO
>    Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/Gnome.framework/Frameworks/
> Tiff.framework/Versions/3.8.2/lib/libTIFF.dylib

It looks like there is a clash between the tiff library in the system
and the one you've built. Would it be possible to use the system one
instead? And likewise for libpng.

> Anyway, the other strange thing that happened was that some headers
> couldn't be found. I found out that pkg-config wouldn't return
> anything when doing "pkg-config --cflags fontconfig" although "--libs
> fontconfig" would return the right thing. Any ideas?

I've never seen that, I get the right include flags here but that's with
my "normal", non-framework build of course. What does the pc file look like?

Regards,
Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/