Re: Mac OS X native port linking problems

Thanx for the quick responds.

The .pc file from fontconfig looks normal:

prefix=/Library/Frameworks/Gnome.framework/Frameworks/ Fontconfig.framework/Versions/2.3.95
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: Fontconfig
Version: 2.3.95
Libs: -L${libdir} -lfontconfig
Cflags: -I${includedir}

The funny thing is when I execute "pkg-config --cflags fontconfig" from the build script nothing returns. While PKG_CONFIG_PATH is following:

:/Library/Frameworks/PkgConfig.framework/Versions/0.20/lib/pkgconfig:/ Library/Frameworks/GetText.framework/Versions/0.14.5/lib/pkgconfig:/ Library/Frameworks/Gnome.framework/Frameworks/Libxml2.framework/ Versions/2.6.24/lib/pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/Gnome.framework/ Frameworks/Freetype.framework/Versions/2.1.10/lib/pkgconfig:/Library/ Frameworks/Gnome.framework/Frameworks/Fontconfig.framework/Versions/ 2.3.95/lib/pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/Gnome.framework/Frameworks/ Tiff.framework/Versions/3.8.2/lib/pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/ Gnome.framework/Frameworks/Png.framework/Versions/1.2.10/lib/ pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/Gnome.framework/Frameworks/ Cairo.framework/Versions/1.1.6/lib/pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/ Gnome.framework/Frameworks/Glib2.framework/Versions/2.11.1/lib/ pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/Gnome.framework/Frameworks/ Atk.framework/Versions/1.11.4/lib/pkgconfig:/Library/Frameworks/ Gnome.framework/Frameworks/Pango.framework/Versions/1.13.1/lib/pkgconfig

If I set in the shell PKG_CONFIG_PATH to the above and execute "pkg- config --cflags fontconfig" I get "-I/Library/Frameworks/ Gnome.framework/Frameworks/Fontconfig.framework/Versions/2.3.95/ include " like it should be.

About the ImageIO.framework. If I do "grep -R ImageIO.framework *" in the sources of the normal build and the framework build I find a references to it in the .deps folders of gdk, pango and cairo. But only one build fails. I have the self built tiff and png libraries in both cases in the pkg-config path. Configure would fails without the self built libraries. How can I control to witch library I want to link? Could I somehow add the ImageIO.framework with the "- framework" option. ImageIO.framework has libTIFF.dylib and libPng.dylib in it. Is that all we need?

Hope we can figure this out eventually. The script worked for older versions of gtk though.

Anyway thanx for your help,

Ezra.