Re: GtkBuilder status

>I never claimed GtkUIManager was perfect. I just said it was the obvious way
>of creating menus and toolbars. It might be overkill in smaller
>applications, but if they use gtkbuilder they won't even notice.
>
>Johan

Probably I've missed something but can someone give a link where a decision to separate GtkBuilder from GtkUIManager was made? Why it should be separate class?

For me it's obvious that it's better to have single builder for all UI including menus, actions, widgets and dialogs (with dynamic UI management and scripting support in the future probably).

Usually program has to introduce some structure describing the UI which holds the links to all widgets and information about their visibility, why should developers introduce custom solutions for that? Isn't it better to provide document-like structure that will describe the UI?