Re: [RFC] Simple file monitoring API for GLib
- From: "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: "Emmanuele Bassi" <ebassi gmail com>
- Cc: GTK Devel List <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Simple file monitoring API for GLib
- Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 20:54:10 -0400
On 5/8/06, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
The file monitoring API is as simple as the current API for idle and
- In general, I like the proposed API.
- I wonder if we need the extension hooks at all. Assuming we have
implementations using inotify and whatever the native file monitoring
apis on win32 or OS X are, you don't actually win anything by replacing
the builtin implementation by, e.g, gnome-vfs...
Comments on the patch:
- The docs for add_full make it sound as if a custom backend could
add support for remote file monitoring, but that is not the case.
- If we do find the extension api necessary, set_hooks should probably
warn if it is called "too late".
] [Thread Prev