Re: Recently Used Files Proposal

Hi Alex,

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 09:54 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 09:29 +0200, Petr Tomasek wrote:

> > In the menu you have usually only a few "recent files". If you look
> > for something little older it would have sense to have special dialog.
> >
> > (I hate the fact, that most gnome programs have only 5 recent files
> > in the menu, on the other hand I can understand, that having more
> > would blow them, so a dedicated dialog would be very good thing.
> > You can even have 5 items in the menu followed by "More..." entry,
> > that let you open the dialog...)
>
> At some point its just more efficient to open the file selector instead
> though. Especially since the old file you were looking for might not be
> in the recent dialog either, causing you to first have to browse through
> that and then open the file selector anyway.

According to the plan, the FileChooser should have recent files support
as soon as the async-branch and the changes Federico has planned go in;
I still don't have a patch, as the code base is a moving target, but the
changes are pretty much straightforward, and I plan to work on them as
soon as I can, in time for 2.10.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--