Re: Rich Text copy and paste (bug #324177)

Hi Matthias,

> Ok, thanks for being patient :-)  I think I understand better now.

Gladly.

> You saying we should just make the list of readable and writable formats
> of a TextView extensible (by registering serialization/deserialization
> functions)
> and maybe have a couple of predefined formats for which GTK+ ships
> serialization functions.
> And remove all the tagset stuff...
>
> Is that accurate ?

Almost. Make the list of formats extensible. Have a few useful
predefined ones (RTF and XHTML at least). Remove the tagset stuff.
Don't enable richtext copy+paste by default, but make it easy for apps
to hook in those extensible handlers if they want to. Finally, maybe
make the handlers extensible via GObject, so that Mitch can subclass
the appropriate filters as necessary to remove the data that his
application doesn't understand.

Thanks for your patience,
Dom
--
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.