gtkglarea in core gtk+

Hey all,

Now that gtk+ depends on glitz, I'd like to see an OpenGL widget make
its way in to the gtk+ core.  I am interested in seeing gtkglarea be
used as the base of that widget, since its footprint is small and would
be easy to maintain.  I'd prefer to put my time in to building the
widget in the core rather than bringing the gtkglarea module up to
modern standards.

Thoughts?  Does an OpenGL widget belong in the core?  Would folks like
to see a heavier-weight library such as GtkGLExt used instead?

Cheers,

C.J.