Fwd: Why are people sticking with GTK+ 26.? (Re: GTK+ modularization)

Carl,

there 's at least one : Pango is using Cairo, cairo is a double based vector graphics engine... Pango became slower since it is using it.

On embedded platform the cost for calculations with double is really heavy. Embedded computing does not benefit from the pseudo empiric "intel moore law" at the same pace than desktop computing.

Would be nice if Cairo could exist in an embedded version with fixed point calculations. The embedded version of Open GL is using fixed point calculations so why not Cairo ?

- Paul.