Re: ./teststatusicon (was Re: A cross-platform status icon api)

On 18.09.2005 14:27, Hans Breuer wrote:
[...]
Before diving too deep into the code of (now) gtkstatusicon.c I've tried
it on Linux - but it does not work there, too. What am I supposed to
update so see any effect of ./teststatusicon ? (I'm running gnome-2.10.2
on gentoo with xorg-x11-6.8.2)

That was a users fault - now I know how to activate the 'notification area' ;)

I've just checked in a dummy implementation for gtktrayicon-win32.c to
make gtk+-2.9 compile again. To make a working implementation for win32
the missing pieces are :

- get rid of the GtkPlug inheritance - maybe even in gtktrayicon.h ?
- convert the icon/pixbuf to a HICON. There is code to do that in
  _gdk_win32_pixbuf_to_hicon()
- define a gtk signal to be emitted when the user clicks on the trayicon
- ...

Setting the tray icon and routing the clicks does work now on win32 - without
any change in gtkstatusicon.c. The only missing piece is tooltip delegation.
And I'm not sure if it is possible to delegate to the standard gtk tooltip
handling. Any suggestions ?

BTW: I'd appreciate if somebody with a deeper understanding of gtk internals
could do a review of gtktrayicon-win32.c. Maybe what I've done is considered
too much of a hack ;-)

Thanks,
	Hans