Re: GtkImage animation performance
- From: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, "Komulainen Tommi \(Nokia-M/Helsinki\)" <tommi komulainen nokia com>
- Subject: Re: GtkImage animation performance
- Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:13:13 +0200
Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
> I'm not convinced we understand the 5% vs. 20% difference; there's no
> reason I know of that queuing the draw should be that much more
> inefficient. If it is, we should really understand why it's so much
> slower and address the problem globally.
I guess that the code that performs better draws to the window
directly, skipping the gtk+ double buffering routines.
] [Thread Prev