Re: introspection and broken API

On Fri, 2005-25-03 at 01:06 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 00:45 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >  - put the main loop only in the GLib layer, no gtk_main visible
> >  - hide color allocation, just always use the GdkRGB stuff
> >  - fix some of the other examples of weird X features leaking through
> >  - gdk_drawable_get_size() replaced by get_width()/get_height()
> >    accessors
> >  - omit deprecated APIs
> >  - omit non-multihead-correct APIs
> >

> A couple other good ones I remembered:
>  - dumping GtkObject out of the class hierarchy
>  - killing off the argument to gtk_window_new
>
> I know there are more.
>
> Havoc

- DnD is heavily based on X selections, and thus weirdness seeps
through. Sepecifically, GTK should provide a canonical list of supported
GtkTargetEntry's, map those to X selections, then hide the whole mess
from the programmer with getter/setters to those targets.

Havoc, can I track these comments on live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero, or
is there a better place?

Cheers,
Ryan