Re: Recently Used Files Proposal

On 6 Jun 2005, at 12:57, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:

Perhaps I am alone in such situation, but at least for me the "recent
files" list is not very useful in most cases.
Even if this is more common than my own personal experience, I am not
sure what a solution is to this use-case. Perhaps grouping recent- files
per directory or such...  I dunno... I am just pointing out my own
observations.

Sounds like you might want something like either:

Recent Files > Today >
               Yesterday >
               Monday >
               Sunday >
               Saturday >
               Friday >
               Thursday >
               ------------------
               All Recent Files >

or

Recent Files > Documents >
               Pictures >
               Music  >
               Websites >
               .
               .
               .
               ---
               All Recent Files >
Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team