Re: Recently Used Files Proposal

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 08:43 +0000, DANIELLLANO wrote:
> Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> > What if you want to open a document you edited some time ago (but not
> > too long), and it went out of the menu?
>
> Then it's not a Recent Document.

I have always found the "recent files/documents" list kinda useless. I
use my computer for various tasks, some work related some private.

During work I might use a small set of files, or perhaps just even work
on a single document during the day. In the evening I might pick up my
digital photography hobby and review a bunch of photographs and perhaps
even edit them. (Nautilus, eog, gimp)

The next morning I start working again and want to continue to work on
the file I was editing the day before. Unfortunately it already fell off
the "recent files" list, and I will have to dig out that file myself
again. Which is pretty deeply nested in my cases, as I have lots of
files to keep around.

Perhaps I am alone in such situation, but at least for me the "recent
files" list is not very useful in most cases.
Even if this is more common than my own personal experience, I am not
sure what a solution is to this use-case. Perhaps grouping recent-files
per directory or such...  I dunno... I am just pointing out my own
observations.

-Aschwin