Re: disabling the consuming of Ctrl+shift+f etc keystrokes

I believe I got gtk-devel-list emails slowly, so this might have been
answered already.  I believe this is the Unicode entry stuff in GTK.
(Try hitting Ctrl-Shift-4 Ctrl-Shift-1 for an "A" or 263A for a smiley.
☺

Do you really have an application where entering Unicode characters
should be disabled?