Re: [cairo] Notes on cairo/win32

On 12/01/05 14:07:59, Owen Taylor wrote:

I think a GDI[+] backend will be useful in any case for printing and
for older Windows on older computers, so time spent working on one
won't be a loss even if OpenGL or Direct3D is how we get things
hardware accelerated.

Excuse my complete ignorance of cairo, but how do you see printing working long term? Can cairo use a GDI+ backend for printing and a Direct3D backend for screen display for the same application or do we need to provide one combined backend? If the former then starting with a GDI+ backend certainly seems like the way forward to me since we'll need it anyway.

Ali.