Re: Introspection

Dnia 11-01-2005, wto o godzinie 22:34 +0000, Mike Hearn napisał:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:42:40 +0100, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
> > Anyway, I'm trying to fit that somehow into dynamic languages situation,
> > and not sure, but it might be doable.
>
> I think if you want this kind of true language swap/in out you want
> something a bit different to GObject, eg something with compiler support.
> I guess you could adapt GObject to suit with enough work but it's really
> not designed for that.
>
> The discussion seems to be motivated by reducing the work for bindings
> authors and allowing auto-binding of objects at runtime (useful for less
> popular libraries).

Yes, but I'm also trying to see how far we can push that without losing
sanity ;). I guess swapping is no more in sane department, situation
when C is all like "I can't believe it's not C" and Python is like "I
can't believe it's not Python" should be enough.

Cheers,
Maciej

--
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>