Static class instances possible?

Hi,

As I've understood it currently all glib class instances are
dynamically built the first time an instance is needed. On a resource
limited device this contributes to slow application startup and I was
wondering if it would be possible during compilation to somehow
pre-build some class instances and have them in static (const?)
memory?

It would be nice if one could do the same for singleton object instances too...

--
Tommi Komulainen                                      tkomulai gmail com