Re: big treeviews on win32

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

Martyn Russell writes:
> Would it be plausible to have support for the 16-bit limit under Win9x
> and support for everything else to work outside the 16-bit limit too?

Well, as you might imagine, this would mean rather ugly
code... Anyway, the current code that tries to take the 16-bit limit
into consideration has never worked. So no existing functionality
would be lost if the code was simplified and fixed to work on NT-based
Windows only, without any dimensions limitation and confusing guffaw
scrolling attempts.

Sounds good.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of modifying my program so that it won't attempt to display an out-of-bounds number of treeview rows on Windows. Is there there a reasonable way of translating the 16-bit limit into a maximum number of rows (assuming the rows are sized vertically to accommodate a single line of text in the default font)? Would it be reasonable to allow, say, 20 pixels per row? That would make about 1600 rows if I'm doing the math right.

Allin Cottrell