big treeviews on win32

I've run into problems with big gtktreeviews on win32 (using both gtk 2.4 and 2.6).

I have a data-editing spreadsheet implemented with a treeview. I tried opening a dataset with about 4000 rows. On Linux it takes a few seconds to realize the treeview (not surprising), but once it's realized one can readily scroll through all 4000 rows.

On win32 (same machine, same source code) I can't scroll beyond row 1800 or so, and the scrolling behavior is strange/unstable. Sometimes I'll get a big blank area; sometimes the scrolling stops at row 800 or so.

Is this a known issue?

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics