Re: big treeviews on win32

Could be, this might be the same "big window" issue recently brought
up in another message to me, which I replied to in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-February/msg00040.html:

   > Gnumeric's win32 port is hitting the window size limits as soon as
   > we scroll 900 or so lines.  The limit also plays havoc with our RTL
   > support.  Do you have any ideas on if/when large windows will be
   > supported, or is this a 'patches would be nice' situation.
I tried to fix this sometimes ago, and seems to find something interested. However, I was mad busy after that.

  On NT-based windows the window dimension limits are quite
  high. Don't remember exactly, and can't find quickly on Google, but
  at least it is in the 24 bit range, or maybe even close to full
  signed int range. On Win9x it is 32678.
It's also 32678. I don't know about Win9x, but when I tested with a native windows, I found that although I can set the size of a window to, say, as large as 50000^2, anything outside 32678^2 is clipped.

Which I did, I attempted to remove the code so lovely copy-pasted from
the X11 backend, and just use full int window sizes/coordinates on
Win32. But it was not entirely trivial after all, I didn't get it
working that night, and need to finish it some other day. I remember
starting to wonder whether using ScrollWindowEx(...,
SW_SCROLLCHILDREN) as it currently does actually is the Right Thing or
not. Probably need some experimentation.
If I remember correctly, ScrollWindowEx is one of the killers, and somethings like x-y of some events are not translated. I am not sure, may be I will check it out again and report that by bugzilla.

Cheers,
Ivan.