Re: Context in translations, Q_() and gettext

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 11:02 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:

> One issue with this change is that current xgettext releases probably
> won't extract strings for the Q2_() form.

How does that work?  Does it grep for

	start of symbol
	optional single letter
	underscore
	optional whitespace
	parentheses

?

> Does ngettext() need a shorthand?  You use it so infrequently, a short
> macro is likely to just obfuscate things.

Hmm, good point.  This is kind of cryptic:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-I18N.html

We probably need a better explanation of when to use gi18n.h vs.
gi18n-lib.h, and what to do about ngettext().

  Federico