Re: Context in translations, Q_() and gettext
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: James Henstridge <james jamesh id au>
- Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- Subject: Re: Context in translations, Q_() and gettext
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:30:43 -0600
On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 11:02 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> One issue with this change is that current xgettext releases probably
> won't extract strings for the Q2_() form.
How does that work? Does it grep for
start of symbol
optional single letter
> Does ngettext() need a shorthand? You use it so infrequently, a short
> macro is likely to just obfuscate things.
Hmm, good point. This is kind of cryptic:
We probably need a better explanation of when to use gi18n.h vs.
gi18n-lib.h, and what to do about ngettext().
] [Thread Prev