Re: ABI and API for g_object_ref_sink() (Re: GTK_FLOATING broken in 2.9?)

Tim Janik wrote:

It doesn't address issue of old code that uses GTK, that was written for old GTK, and/or was built with old GTK (like gtkmm, if I understand that issue correctly).

it does, that is what this thread is about. the current code in CVS
doesn't adress this, which is why Murray Cumming started the "GTK_FLOATING
broken in 2.9?" thread.
the "ABI and API for g_object_ref_sink()" thread adresses this issue by
providing a proposed solution and an analysis of the impact on various
glib/gtk version combinations.

Sorry, call me stupid, but why gtkmm-2.6 (not sure about exact number, whatever
version is already released) will work with gtk-2.10 and glib-2.10?
Is it not correct that testing GTK_FLOATING will still work since g_object_sink will change it appropriately, but direct setting it (in old binaries, that were compiled
with old gtk) won't?

Yevgen