Re: Regarding exceptions

I think it would be great if someone went through past discussions
on this list and wrote a FAQ entry about why we aren't going to add
exceptions to GLib or GTK+.

Actually, there are three separate things here:

 - Adding some sort of portable setjmp/longjmp exception
   handling to GLib.

 - Making GLib's containers safe against C++ exceptions

 - Making GTK+ and GObject safe against exceptions

The first and third are definite nos, as has been discussed before.
The second is more conceivable, but doesn't seem to be worth
the effort to me.